HOW TO MAKE RAMPASTA
simple pasta and sauce for two
1. In a pot, bring 3 CUPS WATER and 2 TSP SALT to a boil.
2. In a pan on medium heat, add 3 TBS BUTTER, 2 TSP OF SALT and a 1 TSP PEPPER.
3. Add 8 OZ FRESH PASTA to the boiling water and stir it around. Be careful boiling fresh pasta, it tends to boil over and make a huge mess. So, take it off the heat before it does that, please.
4. Add 2 TBS PASTA WATER to the buttered pan, allow to boil and simmer.
5. The pasta should almost be done and floating to the top and almost doubled in size (cooking time: < 2 minutes). Drain in a colander and add the pasta to the buttered pan, stirring and coating in the sauce.
6. Top with freshly cut BASIL, PARSLEY, or a squeeze of LEMON to add a little extra freshness. Serve and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE RAMPASTA
1. SERVE SAME DAY
Rampasta is best served fresh. Eat it the same day you buy it!
If you can't eat it today, Rampasta will last in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic, for up to 3 days.
Preferred method for extended storage. Wrap Rampasta in a freezer safe package for up to 3 months. When cooking, drop frozen pasta directly into boiling water and stir as it softens. It will take a little longer than fresh to cook, but no more than 5 minutes.
the fresh pasta
Rampasta makes pasta fresca with the philosophy of using high quality and seasonal ingredients. I source locally when possible. Here are some of the vendors. I use a variety of freshly milled flours, finely ground 00 Italian flour, durum semolina, rice flour, fresh eggs, and seasonal herbs, spices, fruits and vegetables.
we are pasta people
My name is Ramsey and I like pasta, a lot. Like a lot a lot. It is my favorite thing to make and to do. I will talk about it all the time. I make pasta at home, at work, and while I'm sleeping. Now I want to make pasta for you. I want you to have the pasta that you were dreaming about last night and I want you to share my pasta with your friends and family.